Whatever happened to the 1MDB issue in the final analysis is just a malady .
1. For the opposition parties the 1MDB issue was drummed up into a big scandal to provide a seemingly massive excuse to topple Najib from his reins of power.
( Acessed on 4/9/16 at http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/04/138025/1mdb-truth-revealed-now-time-move-salleh )
2. From various reports in news portal and social media websites it would appear that the issue will cool down over time and Najib's administration can continue on with 'developing the economy' without being dragged down by drummed up issues.
3. The 1MBD issue is a good case of corporate management. I need to write about this in future post. Thus for today's labelling - 'Management issues'.
4. The 1MDB isuue ( this point will need further expansion/additions)
# From Bloomberg business: Beginning in March, as public pressure grew, the country’s auditor general, the parliament’s public accounts committee, the central bank, and the police have all homed in on 1MDB. The force of the scandal helped topple the ringgit, the worst-performing currency in Asia as of July 16, down 8.1 percent against the dollar since the start of the year. Foreign reserves plunged 20 percent in June from a year earlier. (acessed on 9/4/16 at http://www.malaysia-today.net/the-scandal-that-ate-malaysia/ )
# From Wall Street Journal : On July 3, the Wall Street Journal, citing documents from government probes, reported that investigators believe almost $700 million in cash moved through state agencies, banks, and companies linked to 1MDB before eventually finding its way into Najib’s personal accounts. The money reportedly included two transactions—one worth $620 million; another, $61 million—made in March 2013, two months before a general election returned Najib to power as part of the Barisan Nasional, or National Front, coalition.
5. Management maladies in 1MDB. (to be expanded )
# accountability issue - accounting of debts,
6. Interested parties in the 1MBD problems:
# Swiss government ..the AG of Swiss gov't opened case on 2 ex-1MDB officials purportedly misappropriating corporate funds (Acessed on 4/9/16 at http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/02/125353/salleh-keruak-takes-swiss-task-over-1mdb-misinformation )